Bugs and Missing Features
by Martin Fuhrer
The scope of the Photoscape project
would require at least another several weeks before all the features can be
implemented and all bugs ironed out. In its current state, this is where Photoscape
- When zooming into the map workspace,
we zoom into the upper left corner of the map rather than the center of the
- Photos do not maintain their relative
position with respect to the map background during zooming (they do, however,
maintain relative position with respect to each other)
- The fanning algorithm does not
always fan photos properly when the mouse is moved overtop. This is especially
noticable if the photo size is very large or if there are more than three
or four photos in a cluster
- When attempting to drag a photo,
the drag must begin shortly after the mouseDown event or no drag will occur
- Photos currently cannot be moved
back to the "Unplaced Photos" panel.
- There should be a "Placed
Photos" panel which displays all the filtering results for placed photos
in one unified location (currently it is not possible to see all placed photos
after a query, because they may be hidden off the edge of the map workspace)
- The file browser does not yet
load photos from directories.
- The regional and continental maps
should have dragging rectangles for adjusting the location in the map workspace.
They should also display dots corresponding to photo locations.
- During dragging operations, the
map workspace should autoscroll if the user wants to drop the photo on a location
beyond the edge of the map.
- The keyword box in the information
pane currently does not support auto-complete.
Submitted on April 24, 2001